Newbe: Can't get GraphicConverter to save my image

Never know till you pull the trigger… :wink:

Quite. I usually go for something like an OTT timeout of 1000000 seconds (just over a week and a half). What the hell - if a job looks like it’s really going to take that long, there’s always the option of cancelling manually…

In this case, though, I believe Martin was referring to the fixed delay he’d inserted - which should have been long enough to allow GC to open a file but, unfortunately this time, wasn’t. :frowning:

That’s really the issue we’ve been trying to resolve here. If we extend the delay, the opening of every file is delayed further. If we trim it too much, we run the risk of GC returning an error (when it tries to operate on a window that doesn’t yet exist). Ideally, we want a way of pausing the script for only as long as takes to open a particular file.

The difficulty is that every idea we’ve tried to date works for me - but not for Martin (possibly because he’s dealing with larger files than I have). I’m currently trying to grab a sample of the same file type so that I can test some ideas in a way that resembles Martin’s circumstances more closely.

Nice chatting, Peter. Catch ya later. :slight_smile: