Progress bars, login dialogs and more...

Mavericks is still under NDA, so shouldn’t be discussed here. However, POSIX path is part of standard additions, and shouldn’t be called within an application tell block.

I moved the “using terms from” to only surround the code relevant to ASobjC Runner, and everything is fine. Before I had them surrounding the entire script.

Something did change in at the OS level from 10.6 when I first wrote this script, this was not an issue as it is now under 10.8.

Don

Hi Kel
I realise I’m somewhat late in replying here but if you’re still wondering, the Automator trick only works on 10.5 and 10.6 (I’ve updated the first post to show this). You could try using ASObjCRunner from within a workflow instead.

Cocoa Applet
For anyone else interested, I created an alternative ASOC applet template a while ago for using progress bars in applets. It’s a much improved version of the built-in “Cocoa-AppleScript Applet” template and features easy access to a built-in progress window along with idle support.
Download Cocoa Applet from here
To install, put the template applet in ~/Library/Application Support/Script Editor/Templates/
Then simply open Script Editor and choose File > New from Template > Cocoa Applet.
Read the description shown in the template for help on usage, or check out MacDropUpdate (from the same link above) for a real-world example.