Save attachments from Mountain Lion Mail

That never worked, even in the old days. It was always safe to just set it up in the loop, but in many cases the loop was only one mail message, so it didn’t really matter.

Currently, I cannot get it to work at all. Regardless of how I set up the mail rule, I cannot get any AppleScript to fire and subsequently work on an actual message. The only workaround I have been able to succeed with is that incoming messages that need some AppleScript massaging are put into a specific mailbox. I developed a launchd agent that checks every 15 minutes, and if there are messages in that mailbox, the AppleScript fires and works on them.

I cannot stand it, but it does work.

I have still not received any significant feedback from Apple pertaining to the bug report that I filed on this matter.

Thanks, Craig

If no-one has worked out how to get a script to act on an email triggered by a Mail rule, it rather begs the question what use can the Mail rule be:)

I will have to look at a workaround like you.

Many thanks

Hi,

I appologise if I have missed something in this thread!

But I posted an answer over on apple.stackoverflow on saving attachments down from imcoming emails using a rule. I don’t remember running into any particular problem of getting it to fire.

Cheers, Mark

I will play around with your example.

Many thanks