Using google search and macscripter.net

Why would macscripter.net return: Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.
When I use: site:macscripter.net searchString in google search
It have been my goto when I need something quick or have forgot.

Could this be fixed or does the reference google have in search database point to something
that do not exists. The old site never had this problem.

The feeling is: Its far more difficult to use google search + macscripter.net

Regards.

We will be resolving this problem over the next week or so.

The issue is incoming links to posts vs incoming links to topics. Topic links work, but post links don’t. We’ll get this sorted out by adding mappings between the old MacScripter post URLs and the new Discourse post URLs.

1 Like

Great to hear, Mark.

That’s good to hear.

What about regular old bookmarks? I’m using firefox if that makes a difference.

It’s the same issue: any existing URL (google, bookmarks, etc.) into MacScripter needs to be mapped from the old system to the new one.

Cool. Thanks. If need be, I’ll just do a search for the title until such time as it works naturally.

AppleScript Safari Search.app.zip (2.1 MB)

Here’s an applet I use for searching various appleScript related sites. By default it searches for the first line of whatever text is in the clipboard, or you can enter a search term in the box.

It’s very much a work in progress (especially the UI) but it’s pretty handy for doing MacScripter searches, and is updated for the new Discourse server.

I’d be happy to hear any feedback.

We have added support for links to posts. Let me know if you are still experiencing problems. If there are issues, please quote the problematic URL(s). Thx.

3 Likes