What is this error when compiling in Xcode?

hmm…it worked, lol. normally should the scripts be set to 8 not 16 when they are made? thanks by the way :smiley:

Well, see, I’m not completely sure about this. Taking a look inside my projects folder:

Script for WingNuts 2.0.4 update: “No explicit file encoding”

Script for super-secret internal tool: “No explicit file encoding”

Brand-new project: “No explicit file encoding”

Your scripts that compile: “UTF-8”

Curiouser and curiouser. Changing the system localization doesn’t seem to affect it (not that Xcode seems to be localized, but still).

weird. thanks for your help!

ok so i just opened it up and got this error when building, i took a screenshot cuz there are lots of things there…

http://i17.tinypic.com/47cca42.png

Er, that’s right. Sorry for the misinformation. :slight_smile:

hhas has previously said this:

For many people (English, at least), that would mean Mac OS Roman encoding.

what about this error?

Is your machine Intel-based or PowerPC?

powerpc

I believe that PowerPC-based machines can not currently build Universal Binaries. Try Disabling the Intel (i386) architecture option for your target. (Xcode’s Project menu > Edit Active Targer ‘Target Name’; Build tab, Architectures collection; Click Architectures and press the edit button.)

wow, i never set it to build universal binaries, thats weird, but it worked, thanks.

I’m on PowerPC and can build universal binaries just fine, unless I’m misreading something… (I.E-> My completed apps show ‘universal binary’ when you use get info on them.)

As for the problem you were having at the start of this thread… I had that happen once or twice, and the only reliable cure was to delete and retype the offending line, and one or two around it.

I have previously had similar to this when working in objective-c.

A project had been created with frameworks from before Intel.

When the project was compiled for intel/ppc it threw errors similar to those you are experiencing.

A new install of xcode made available intel frameworks.

The project would not compile until the frameworks were removed from the project and replaced with the inte/ppc frameworks.

Could any of this apply to your project?

Regards

Terry

i’m not really sure. its just weird how it got set to build universal binaires by iteself…

I had heard of some problems before, but maybe that was with debugging; Regardless, I think I’ll edit that.

Looking at the build errors, though, you can see that the errors mention incorrect architectures while linking the i386 binary.

It’s on by default, now.