Help required to reduce workspace on Illustrator workspace,, please.

G’day scripters.

I’ve got a very large, multi-part ObjC Applescript project, that uses a multitude of Apps to print any sort of graphic, that must run unattended, 24/7.

I’m re-wring for the Creative Cloud suite, but after I open Illustrator, and process a file, and close the file, I want to leave Illustrator open, to speed up the processing of the next file.

Trouble is, Illustrator leaves a workspace open, that takes up the whole of the screen. I’ve tried closing it via Applescript, but while a manual click on the red close button works, it can’t be addressed by Applescript.

The Adobe Applescript blurb says at least one workspace must always be open (even tho you can manually dismiss it).

Does anyone know of a way of dismissing the workspace window, or reducing it to a minimum size?

Regards

Santa

tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
	activate
	# NEEDED
	# Code to dismiss, or size reduce, the initial WorkSpace
end tell

Model: late 2014 i7 iMac
AppleScript: 2.8.1
Browser: Safari 601.4.4
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.10)

Turned out the answer was right under my nose! There’s a ‘hide’ menu item under the App name, as below. Never thought to look there for a command. Thought such a thing would be under ‘Edit’, or "View’, or ‘Window’. Ahh well.

tell application "System Events" to tell process id "com.adobe.illustrator"
				try
					click menu item "Hide Illustrator" of menu 1 of menu bar item "Illustrator CC" of menu bar 1
				end try
				try
					click menu item "Hide Illustrator" of menu 1 of menu bar item "Illustrator CS6" of menu bar 1
				end try
			end tell

Hi there!

tell application "Finder"
			try #1-2.
				set visible of process "Adobe Illustrator CC 2015" to false
			end try
		end tell