Arrange Finder Windows

I have 3 scripts, which were produced mostly with help from people here and which I’ve been using since 10.4, to set 1, or 2, or 3 Finder Windows into specific on screen positions. They’ve wobbled a bit with the last few OS updates, but now with Mojave, they’ve finally crumbled. Security denies permission (even though I’ve added it) and the Finder Windows are not set accordingly.

Is there any way to work around Mojave’s roadblocks?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Scripts that position and resize a Finder window work fine in Mojave. The answer to your question depends on a number of factors which at this point are unknown, but I’ll make a few suggestions.

First, if the script is saved as an application, you need to add the script to “Accessibility” in Security & Privacy in System Preferences. Then, the first time you run the script, you need to respond affirmatively if prompted whether to run the script. I suspect you’ve already done this.

In the above instance, if the script does not run, you may want to try the following:

1. Open the existing script and copy its contents to the clipboard.

2. Paste the clipboard to a new script in Script Editor and save it with a different name than the existing script.

3. Add this new script to Accessibility and see if it will run.

Secondly, if the script is saved as a script, then it’s important to know how the script is run. If it’s a keyboard utility (like Fastscripts) then you need to add that utility to Accessibility.

Thirdly, if the script does something more that just rearrange windows, then you should probably post a copy of the script, as there may be other issues at play.

Anyways, there’s no simple answer to your question (at least that I am aware of) and you may want to provide some additional information.