Close (safari) Tab in a sandboxed app without safari entitlement?

Hello all,
I am using successfully the ‘open location’ command in a sandboxed app to open a URL.

Ideally I would like to close the just opened tab again, once the user has seen it, to avoid clutter in his/her browser. This script works after giving temporary apple event entitlement for com.apple.safari:

tell application "Safari"
                activate
                tell application "Safari" to close (every tab of every window whose URL contains "searchTerm")
end tell

BUT - I am pretty sure that AppStore Review will not approve a blanket exception for all of Safari.

I was looking into the Safari sdef file, whether there is a scripting target in Safari that I could use instead, but failed to find a suitable one.

Is there another way to achieve a closure of a specific Safari tab in a sandboxed app, without requiring the temporary exception path for Safari?

Thank you for any input!

Thank you very much Fredrik!

That would work, but requires the ‘tell application Safari’ call. I would need something without calling Safari as I try to use it in an sandboxed app. And - without asking for temporary exception entitlement- it will return: Safari application is not running.
And this temporary exception entitlement is not possible to get for Safari from the App Store. I am quite sure about that.
But thank you!