Lost: Newbie needs help with basics of building in Xcode

I have some AS that I has multiple dialog boxes. I thought, Hey I can just do this in xcode and make 1 dialog box.

Not so easy since I have no idea what I’m doing it seems. I’ve read all kinds of things trying to help me learn what to do… so far I have managed to:

Make a project.
Create the interface layout.

Yup, that is as far as I’ve been able to get…

Here’s the bit of AS I was trying to convert over:

set clasList to {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}
set clasinList to {"1in", "2.125in", "3.25in", "4.375in", "5.5in", "6.625in", "7.75in", "8.875in", "10in"}
set ropList to {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}
set ropinList to {"1.563in", "3.25in", "4.938in", "6.625in", "8.313in", "10in"}

set question to display dialog "Select type" buttons {"ROP", "Classified"} default button "ROP"
set answer to button returned of question

if answer is equal to "ROP" then
	choose from list ropList with prompt "Columns?"
	if the result is not false then
		set pickwidth to item 1 of the result
		set mywidth to item pickwidth of ropinList
	else
		return
	end if
end if

if answer is equal to "Classified" then
	choose from list clasList with prompt "Columns?"
	if the result is not false then
		set pickwidth to item 1 of the result
		set mywidth to item pickwidth of clasinList
	else
		return
	end if
end if

So I thought a radio button, a combo box that dynamically changed it’s values based on the selection of the radio button, and Ok button and Cancel button.

I’ve gotten them all on the layout in the interface builder but I have no idea how to make the dynamic bit…
I found this:
http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?pid=146458#p146458
OS is 10.5.8 here at work… I’m not sure if that applies to what I have to work with… While I can see how to modify it for my needs I have no idea what to do with the code afterward.

So, if I’ve made any sense here and you think you can help steer me right here, I’d appreciate it greatly.

Browser: Safari 533.22.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)

The example you linked to uses AppleScript ObjC, which was only introduced in 10.6. In 10.5 you can still use AppleScript Studio, for which Apple provides fairly detailed documentation, but it was deprecated as of 10.6.

Either will involve a fair bit of learning.