trying to open a application that is stored in my Xcode application

script FORMULA
    on OpenFormula_(sender)
        set posixPath to (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle's pathForResource:"FORMULA" ofType:"app") as string
        set posfile to (posixPath as string) as POSIX file
        set FP_1 to posfile as string
        open FP_1
        activate
    end OpenFormula_
end script

Hi
I am trying to open an application that is stored in my Xcode application using the above, but it errors with

AppleEvent timed out. (error -1712)

the code above works fine opening .applescript files from within my app, but not this one, do I need
to change this approach to do what I need?, if so to what please?, thanks for any help.

edit: another error thrown was the document “Formula” could not be opened, MY APP cannot open files
in the “application” format.

If it’s an application, you surely want to run it, not open it.

cheers Shane

that’s where I was going wrong

I ended up with this

set FP_ to (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle's pathForResource:"Formula" ofType:"app") as string
       run application FP_
       activate application "Formula"

why not going the entire Cocoa way?

set appURL to current application's NSBundle's mainBundle's URLForResource:"FORMULA" withExtension:"app"
      current application's NSWorkspace's sharedWorkspace()'s launchApplicationAtURL: appURL options:0 configuration:(missing value) |error|:(missing value)

I have this error:
-[NSWorkspace launchApplicationAtURL:options:configuration:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x600000208360 (error -10000)

:confused:

The following code works for me:

set appURL to quoted form of ((current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s pathForResource_ofType_("FORMULA", "app")) as string)
do shell script "open -a " & appURL

Sorry, I missed the error parameter.
It’s now fixed in the post above

When compiling:

error: Expected end of line, etc. but found “error”. (-2741)

I should have tested the code.

Missed the pipes around error because error is a reserved word in AppleScript

This code works:

:cool: