MacScripter migration

I redid my lost comment/script, but every time I try to post it on the thread:

http://macscripter.net/post.php?action=post&tid=45833

I just get:

EDIT: It did, at some point, appear to post. I also got “There has been an error” when I posted this comment.

Also, the “Subscribe to this thread” links seem to be missing.

Nigel,

I adjusted the Base URL setting in FluxBB to the non-www url after reading everyones comments. This may have fixed this. Not sure yet, but will still put in a permanent fix (.htaccess) to keep everything lined up right.

Like this
https://odomtechservices.com/images/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-12%20at%2010.44.36%20AM.png
edit: can someone point me to a post that has images in it. I think I found another myself

I am not to sure how this works from Flux. I just know the setting is available in your profile.

I have noticed this also and I think I found where this is coming from. Stay tuned.

I have seen this code that does this. I didn’t realize it wasn’t the way it was before will talk with Ray about this.

t.spoon,
posted a reply in the topic in question.

Yes! +/- and a dot. Funny how you can see something several times a day and not be able to call it to mind when it’s gone. :rolleyes:

Good I have found it then. That was a screenshot of my development server. Found some other things that I missed and will have those post soon. Having to work on the registration part for Ray first and then will have the stuff in this thread worked on. Thanks for all the input.

I will be posting new code to the site for the next few minutes addressing some of the issues that have been brought to my attention.

Edit: Updates to the site today:

1.added the ability to collapse forum categories on the index page back to the site.(missed this feature during my comparing)

1. added the smilie bar back :):|:(:D:o;):/:P:lol::mad::rolleyes::cool:
  1. made the style changes to the [new posts] back to the original orange/red triangle and orange dot to the right of the forum category.
  1. adjust the font a bit more if it seems to much or if the width of the page needs to be adjusted let me know.

Found this in the settings and turned it off.

Character encoding issues is a fix I’m looking into. only things currently effected are old posts that was encoded in one format and then converted during the migration process.

If I have not addressed a specific issue as of yet it is still on the task list of things to look at

for me:

1. Had to log in manually

2. Operating system selection is still not to current OSX specs, stops at 10.10

I am uncertain how I can display a screen shot, never had to do it, it shows some text issues
can some one please advise as to how I can do this please.

yes this is due to the migration

Thank for the heads up I haven’t noticed this one. Headed their now to look at it. as I’m running 10.12.6
Edit: Added all versions up to 10.13 dev beta 3

hi odomtech
how can i show a screen shot, as I can show some text issues on the opening page of the forum

also just noticed, no check box for “send notification to discussion” available

I am not sure about the screenshot thing. I just uploaded it to my website and posted a link to it. What text issues are you referring to stuff like this

If so this is still in the works. however I do not see it on anything other then topic titles and inside posts.
Edit:another issue you might be seeing is your browser not pulling a fresh copy of the style sheet and everything is aligned to the left of the screen. “empty your browser cache” and reload will fix this.

I have found this and will look at this in a little while.

Hi odomtech.

You’re going great guns with this stuff. Every time I come back to the site, a few more things have been fixed or restored. Thanks very much!

I’d personally vote for a return to a slightly smaller font, but you’ll have to average out the general reaction to it.

Even my eyes second that.

I bumped it down 1pt

odomtech

yes that’s exactly what I am seeing, just in a few areas though.

I agree, font size down 1 notch maybe just to see

cheers

great work :smiley:

use:
[format]dscacheutil -flushcache[/format]

This will clear the Directory Service cache which has nothing to do with MS hostname directly but it will also force the OS to dump all hostname settings and reload them.

Hi.

1. The new daylight-saving time adjustment for displayed dates only affects post and edit dates. The page fetch date in the grey bar at the top of each page is still an hour out — eg. showing Thursday, July 13, 2017 on pages visited at around 00:40 on the 14th. I refreshed a page just before and just after 01:00 and the date changed to the 14th on the latter.

2. I’m still finding the text a bit large….

If we’re voting, count one vote to keep the large text. But then, I run a lot of display real estate.

“Show all posts” is working now, which is great because I use that a lot to find code I remember from discussions I was in.

“Subscribe” links are still missing for me.

Thanks for all the migration work,

• Tom,

Any chance the “subscribe to thread” link is coming back soon? That would be handy for me. Otherwise, I’m going to miss some replies to threads I’m in.

In Safari 11 with a page zoom of 85% you get almost the pre-migration appearance.