Can't save InDesign in High Sierra

Hi all,

I recently updated to High Sierra (10.13.1) and Adobe InDesign CC 2018 and it seems to has caused some big issues. I have a number of complicated scripts which are essential to my workflow and have just completely stopped working. Through a process of elimination I’ve narrowed it down to the point at which I try and save my InDesign document. Previously, this worked fine:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2018"
	tell active document
		save
		close
	end tell
end tell

or this

tell active document
		close saving yes
	end tell
end tell

Right now though, those scripts don’t work. The first does nothing. The second closes the document, but doesn’t save it. In both cases Script Editor gives me this error:

error “Adobe InDesign CC 2018 got an error: User cancelled this action.” number -128

Can anyone help me please? I’m losing my mind here!

Ta.

Hi
take this for a spin, works fine here

tested on 10.13.1

activate
	if modified of active document is true then
		close document 1 saving yes
	end if
end tell

Thanks for the reply Budgie. That works fine. When I tried to use the other snippets I posted though, they worked too.

Anyway, I’ve got to the bottom of it now. It turns out the issue wasn’t the syntax but the InDesign upgrade. My app used templated .indd files which it pulled from its resources folder. These were created with ID2017. For some reason, ID2018 couldn’t modify and save those files with either the code you gave me or the code I posted. I went into the folder, opened those templates with ID2018 and resaved them and it fixed the problem.

It’s always something simple! Thanks again.

This is an issue you have to keep in mind. Whenever InDesign is updated, documents created with previous versions have to be specifically saved.