Sunday, July 12, 2020

#26 2020-03-29 06:54:19 am

maro
Member
From:: Nerima, Tokyo, Japan
Registered: 2004-05-30
Posts: 106
Website

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

They will know the trashness of early version of macOS using one year's time.
Or they are not aware of it because they don't have enough knowledge to know it.
Amen.

Yvan Koenig wrote:
maro wrote:

Why don't you use macOS 10.14.6 ? Today, the early version of macOS is buggy everywhere.
I don't believe the result of the early version of every macOS major update.



Those who bought a mac since November 2019 have no alternative, their machine run only Catalina.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) dimanche 29 mars 2020  04:44:43


I wrote thousands of AppleScript to realize my idea. Natural language interface, voice recognition commander and so on. Though my mother toungue is strange language, Japanese, my most frequently write language is AppleScript. I believe it is for making things easy and powerful.

Offline

 

#27 2020-03-29 07:21:31 am

maro
Member
From:: Nerima, Tokyo, Japan
Registered: 2004-05-30
Posts: 106
Website

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

Catalina is a pile of troubles and bugs.
I recommend not to update to Catalina. Staing macOS 10.14.x and skip 10.15.x will be the best way.

If you can enjoy the troubles with macOS 10.13, macOS 10.15 will be a good playground.

10.10 : An ambitious update but buggy
10.11 : Nice update but too old today
10.12 : Nice update but too old today
10.13 : macOS "Vista". The worst Update Apple ever made.
10.14 : Earlier update is nightmare. Later update become nice.
10.15 : A second macOS 10.13. Apple should have the courage to skip this version. I'll skip this.


I wrote thousands of AppleScript to realize my idea. Natural language interface, voice recognition commander and so on. Though my mother toungue is strange language, Japanese, my most frequently write language is AppleScript. I believe it is for making things easy and powerful.

Offline

 

#28 2020-03-29 08:38:47 am

Fredrik71
Member
Registered: 2019-10-23
Posts: 284

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

In the capital world and to be relevant to the market... people expect new things.
Tomorrow have new challenge and the winner will be whose who innovate, have a vision
and deliver in time.

That doesn't mean a product is ready or are stable, and this is true for many others business too.

Some people like to have the newest things, other like to have something that works.
I had problem with Mojave when it released, I did upgrade, and again. 10.14.3 have been stable.
I remember in old days when I had to install old graphics driver because it didn't work with
MS Windows. But its very common to believe the latest update are the most stable.

Could we really be sure on that ??

So I have a more thinking of, do the update if there is reason for it.

Apple could also add things or remove things with the update that we do not
know or do not want to happen.

maro wrote:


10.10 : An ambitious update but buggy
10.11 : Nice update but too old today
10.12 : Nice update but too old today
10.13 : macOS "Vista". The worst Update Apple ever made.
10.14 : Earlier update is nightmare. Later update become nice.
10.15 : A second macOS 10.13. Apple should have the courage to skip this version. I'll skip this.


I  have skied the highest mountain without logic, and still its the imagination that take me anywhere. Its the desire of something that matters for any knowledge I have or could learn.

Offline

 

#29 2020-03-29 10:55:38 am

Yvan Koenig
Member
Registered: 2006-09-14
Posts: 4551

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

maro wrote:

Catalina is a pile of troubles and bugs.
I recommend not to update to Catalina. Staing macOS 10.14.x and skip 10.15.x will be the best way.

If you can enjoy the troubles with macOS 10.13, macOS 10.15 will be a good playground.

10.10 : An ambitious update but buggy
10.11 : Nice update but too old today
10.12 : Nice update but too old today
10.13 : macOS "Vista". The worst Update Apple ever made.
10.14 : Earlier update is nightmare. Later update become nice.
10.15 : A second macOS 10.13. Apple should have the courage to skip this version. I'll skip this.




Alas life is not so simple.

Many guys work with a machine which can't host 10.14 or 10.15. I'm one of them.
Many other guys bought a mac after Catalina's delivery, they are forced to use it.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) dimanche 29 mars 2020  18:55:32

Offline

 

#30 2020-03-29 12:22:57 pm

Fredrik71
Member
Registered: 2019-10-23
Posts: 284

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

Yvan, I read on Tidbits, its only 2 products MacBook Pro 16" and Mac Pro
And also update the software because old version will not be supported on Catalina.

On other hand Apple have support hardware back to 2012 for Catalina.

And Adobe recommend to uninstall any application of theirs that use 32bits because after
you run Catalina... this uninstaller will not work. With that in mind I guess the best way to
run Catalina would be to do a clean install... format the drive and install.

Yvan Koenig wrote:

Many other guys bought a mac after Catalina's delivery, they are forced to use it.

Last edited by Fredrik71 (2020-03-29 01:28:53 pm)


I  have skied the highest mountain without logic, and still its the imagination that take me anywhere. Its the desire of something that matters for any knowledge I have or could learn.

Offline

 

#31 2020-04-09 04:50:59 am

Fredrik71
Member
Registered: 2019-10-23
Posts: 284

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

Maro I have send PM to you... about your calLibAS in Catalina.


I  have skied the highest mountain without logic, and still its the imagination that take me anywhere. Its the desire of something that matters for any knowledge I have or could learn.

Offline

 

#32 2020-05-13 09:51:10 am

maro
Member
From:: Nerima, Tokyo, Japan
Registered: 2004-05-30
Posts: 106
Website

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

A friend of mine have Mac Pro 2019 (cheese grater) and bought my application "Kamenoko".

kameOnStore-768x478.png

It is almost full written in AppleScript and use JavaScript Core for math calculation.
This application draws many hexagon on NSImageView. He reported me the wrong calculation result.

kamenokoMacPro.png

Left image is my environment. Right image is on his Mac Pro 2019.
Polygon position is not as I expected.

Though this app will change the way to calculation, we have to ensure the result of JavaScript core result.....

Last edited by maro (2020-05-13 09:57:28 am)


I wrote thousands of AppleScript to realize my idea. Natural language interface, voice recognition commander and so on. Though my mother toungue is strange language, Japanese, my most frequently write language is AppleScript. I believe it is for making things easy and powerful.

Offline

 

#33 2020-05-13 10:16:45 am

Yvan Koenig
Member
Registered: 2006-09-14
Posts: 4551

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

Fredrik71 wrote:

Yvan, I read on Tidbits, its only 2 products MacBook Pro 16" and Mac Pro
And also update the software because old version will not be supported on Catalina.

On other hand Apple have support hardware back to 2012 for Catalina.

And Adobe recommend to uninstall any application of theirs that use 32bits because after
you run Catalina... this uninstaller will not work. With that in mind I guess the best way to
run Catalina would be to do a clean install... format the drive and install.

Yvan Koenig wrote:

Many other guys bought a mac after Catalina's delivery, they are forced to use it.




I don't understand how your message is related to what I wrote.
You may do many kinds of attempts, Mojave or Catalina can't be installed on an iMac mid 2011.
Running a virtualized version is an approach which is out of question for me.

On the other hand, even after erasing their hard disk, owners of recent machines aren't able to install Mojave or older systems.
Honestly, for me it's not a huge problem. I may live with 10.13.6 even if I know thatb some annoying bugs are killed in Mojave or Catalina.
I know also that one of the really boring ones continue to strike under Catalina and I doubt that Apple will be fair to repair it for High Sierra or Mojave users if they get rid of it in Catalina.
Its the boring habit of Mail to quit from time to time for unknown reason.

Here is a list of such crashes reports:
Mail_2020-04-24-154139_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-24-223519_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-24-223530_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-25-123142_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-25-123225_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-28-185730_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-29-122535_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-29-181507_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-29-182057_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-04-29-183649_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-04-111852_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-05-151102_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-07-125141_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-08-163152_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-08-163404_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-08-182617_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-08-191806_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-08-191903_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-09-102945_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-10-191825_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-10-191938_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-12-233046_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-13-002003_iMac-de-Yvan.crash
Mail_2020-05-13-141514_iMac-de-Yvan.crash

All of them were sent to Apple but I got no reaction from the engineers.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 13 mai 2020 18:14:43

Offline

 

#34 2020-05-13 10:36:45 am

Fredrik71
Member
Registered: 2019-10-23
Posts: 284

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

Takaaki...

You say you use JavaScriptCore... and I do believe you.

But I also run the code from Shane Stanley... there he use JavaScriptCore Framework.
And from his code I got the right result.

I also got the right result when I use OSAKit.

I have also got the right result using jsc command-line tool from WebKit.

So the only thing I could think about, your code have problem with specific systems.

I did test your Script Library on Catalina but it didn't change anything.

===

For Yvan
http://dosdude1.com/mojave/


I  have skied the highest mountain without logic, and still its the imagination that take me anywhere. Its the desire of something that matters for any knowledge I have or could learn.

Offline

 

#35 2020-05-13 11:08:21 am

Yvan Koenig
Member
Registered: 2006-09-14
Posts: 4551

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

Fredrik71 wrote:



I am able to read and so, for a long time, I'm aware of the relevant sentences:

• AMD Radeon HD 5xxx/6xxx series GPU acceleration: Currently, it is not possible to get full graphics acceleration when running Mojave on a system with a Radeon HD 5xxx or 6xxx series GPU. Mojave will be almost UNUSABLE without graphics acceleration. This includes the 15" and 17" MacBook Pro systems (MacBookPro8,2 and 8,3). If you want to enable GPU acceleration on these machines, you'll need to disable the AMD GPU (This will work on MacBook Pro 8,2 and 8,3 systems ONLY. You CANNOT disable the AMD GPU in an iMac.) Weird colors will also be produced when running Mojave with one of these video cards installed/enabled.

My iMac mid 2011 is described as :
iMac (21.5 pouces, mi-2011]
Processeur 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
Mémoire 24 Go 1333 MHz DDR3
Disque de démarrage SSD 1000
Graphisme AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 M0

The die is cast, isn't it ?

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 13 mai 2020 19:07:27

Offline

 

#36 2020-05-13 02:27:04 pm

Fredrik71
Member
Registered: 2019-10-23
Posts: 284

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

You are right the AMD card do not work... or at least do not support
hardware acceleration or Metal framework.

But I will not be surprised if someone at hackingtosh community find a solution.

but a better solution would be to get Mac model of 2018 that still support Mojave I think.

Are you thinking about upgrade your hardware ??


I  have skied the highest mountain without logic, and still its the imagination that take me anywhere. Its the desire of something that matters for any knowledge I have or could learn.

Offline

 

#37 2020-05-14 02:10:52 am

Yvan Koenig
Member
Registered: 2006-09-14
Posts: 4551

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

I'm near 77 years old so I have no plan to change my machine.
Given the specs of new ones (T2 chip) I'm not sure that if I am alive when the iMac will die it will be replaced by an Apple machine ! In fact I hope that I will die before my iMac.

I dislike the new hardware and I'm not pleased by the mess which Catalina seems to be.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 14 mai 2020 10:09:43

Last edited by Yvan Koenig (2020-05-14 07:38:53 am)

Offline

 

#38 2020-05-14 04:44:43 am

Fredrik71
Member
Registered: 2019-10-23
Posts: 284

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

I understand, and I'm not trying to change your mind.

This model use T2 chip
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208862

Some option are between 2012 - 2017 and that doesn't include any T2 chip.

In my country Sweden I could get a iMac 4K for less $1000 and 5K for less $1200
This are from 2014 - 2015 models.


I  have skied the highest mountain without logic, and still its the imagination that take me anywhere. Its the desire of something that matters for any knowledge I have or could learn.

Offline

 

#39 2020-05-14 07:01:33 am

Yvan Koenig
Member
Registered: 2006-09-14
Posts: 4551

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

It seems that you forgot that I am able to read offers about second hand machines or machines offered on the Refurb.

I have no plans to spent such amount to buy a machine which would be used for 99% of its activity to try to help in forums like macScripter.

When my iMac will die, I think that I will just try to practice an other kind of brain jogging.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 14 mai 2020 14:59:08

Offline

 

#40 2020-05-14 07:53:04 am

Fredrik71
Member
Registered: 2019-10-23
Posts: 284

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

Yvan Koenig wrote:

When my iMac will die, I think that I will just try to practice an other kind of brain jogging.



You have help people way back to early 2000, is that so easy to change if your iMac will die. wink...


I  have skied the highest mountain without logic, and still its the imagination that take me anywhere. Its the desire of something that matters for any knowledge I have or could learn.

Offline

 

#41 2020-05-14 07:59:19 am

Yvan Koenig
Member
Registered: 2006-09-14
Posts: 4551

Re: Sin, Cos... Math function, best Approach 2020 ??

I helped long before, mainly in French structure and often by direct exchanges with Cupertino when I used an Apple //gs.
I built French version for the three last issues of GSOS and the unique French version of AppleWorks GS (I got Claris permission to sell it).
I'm not sure that it will be easy to leave but I really don't wish to spend 1000€ for a machine which will be declared obsolete soon with all the accompanying problems and whose guarantee rarely reach 12 months.
In fact, my hope is to die before my iMac.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 14 mai 2020 15:59:13

Last edited by Yvan Koenig (2020-05-14 08:04:26 am)

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

RSS (new topics) RSS (active topics)