Keynote Movie Autorun Question

I was having trouble in Keynote and just saw a post by MJ7 and a response by Yvan Koenig. I though one of you might have an answer. I cannot find a way in AS to place a movie in Keynote so that it automatically runs when the slide is shown. There is a “Start Movie on Click” command in the GUI but nothing in the properties list in the Keynote dictionary. No can I see any difference when I “get properties” on a placed movie whether I have checked the “Start Movie on Click” box or not. Do you know if there is there a property for this? Thank you.

If you want that your presentation starts automatically when you open it, you mut apply what is described in the Help:

Self-playing or interactive presentations

You can set your presentation to advance automatically, like a movie, with no interaction needed. Or you can set up an interactive presentation that changes slides only when the viewer clicks its links. You can also set a presentation to play when it’s opened, to play continuously in a loop, and to restart if the presentation sits idle for a specific period of time.

These options are particularly useful when the presentation is played in a kiosk setting.

Make an interactive presentation or one that advances automatically
With the presentation open, click the Document tab in the Document sidebar.

Select any playback options:

Automatically play upon open: The presentation begins playing immediately after it’s opened.

Loop slideshow: The presentation plays continuously. To turn your presentation into a self-playing loop, be sure to choose Self-Playing from the Presentation Type pop-up menu, as described in step 3.

Restart show if idle for: Use the arrows to set the length of idle time before a presentation restarts. If a presentation is playing and there hasn’t been any interaction with the screen after a period of time, the presentation returns to the first slide.

Click the Presentation Type pop-up menu, then choose one of the following:

Links Only: Changes slides only when the presenter (or viewer) clicks a link.

Self-Playing: Advances automatically, with no interaction needed. To change the delay between slide transitions or between build effects, use the controls next to Delay.

To return to the default behavior of changing slides with the Right Arrow and Left Arrow keys, choose Normal.

When this setting is applied, at future openings, the presentation will autorun.

Below is a short script which would execute the required tasks for you :

set theApp to "Keynote"

activate application theApp
tell application id "com.apple.systemevents" to tell process theApp
	set frontmost to true
	tell window 1
		-- class of UI elements --> {radio group, static text, static text, button, scroll area, scroll area, scroll area, button, button, button, menu button, toolbar, image, static text}
		tell toolbar 1
			-- class of UI elements --> {group, group, group, group, button, group, group, button, group, group, button, group, radio group}
			tell radio group 1
				-- class of UI elements --> {radio button, radio button, radio button}
				-- name of radio buttons --> {"Format", "Animer", "Document"}
				if value of radio button 3 = 0 then click radio button 3
			end tell -- radio group 1
		end tell -- toolbar 1
		-- position of scroll areas --> {{1364, 210}, {339, 91}, {197, 91}}
		tell scroll area 1
			-- class of UI elements --> {static text, checkbox, checkbox, static text, checkbox, text field, incrementor, static text, pop up button, static text, text field, static text, text field, static text, incrementor, incrementor, pop up button, static text, button, checkbox, scroll bar}
			-- title of checkboxes --> {"Lire automatiquement à l’ouverture", "Lire le diaporama en boucle", "Redémarrer si inactif durant ", "Mot de passe pour ouvrir"}
			if value of checkbox 1 is not 1 then click checkbox 1
		end tell -- scroll area 1
	end tell -- window 1
end tell

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 14 mai 2020 11:25:31