SecurityAgent GUI hierarchy is captured sporadically

Hello,

I wrote a GUI script that targets SecurityAgent, a faceless application that’s starts every time you must supply your credentials for things like viewing passwords in Keychain Access and granting levels of access, e.g always or only once. Every time it kicks off the fields are filled in automatically.
I have succeeded in achieving that in pre-ElCapitan macOS but in Mojave even if the application “SecurityAgent” is frontmost then retrieving its structure in Script Editor (by referencing its elements like [format]get window 1[/format], [format]get every UI element of window 1[/format] etc.) poses an unexpected difficulty: one moment it’s retrievable the next one it errors out with the message[format] "Invalid index. Can’t get window 1 of application “SecurityAgent” of application “System Events”[/format]. Requesting its objects by calling them with [format]get every UI element of process “SecurityAgent”[/format] returns an empty list.
Is there a workaround to make it work the old way?

NB. BTW, no problem with unlocking “System Preferences” as well as signing in with Apple ID in relevant applications because those follow a more traditional GUI structure.

My script is

tell application "System Events"
	try
		if application process "SecurityAgent" exists then

tell application process "SecurityAgent"
				set frontmost to true -- debugging. Not needed in the real-life scenario because it's already frontmost.
				tell window 1
					set TheButtons to buttons
					set ButtonNames to {"OK", "Unlock", "Always Allow"}

set AllElems to entire contents
					set TxtFlds to {}

repeat with Elem in AllElems
						if Elem's contents's role is "AXTextField" then set end of TxtFlds to Elem's contents

end repeat

if (count TxtFlds) is equal to 2 then

set SbRls to {}
						repeat with Elem in TxtFlds
							set end of SbRls to subrole of Elem's contents
						end repeat

set _Classes to {}

repeat with Elem in SbRls
							set end of _Classes to Elem's contents's class
						end repeat

set InputSecureFields to {}
						repeat with i from 1 to the number of items in SbRls
							set ElemInfo to {SbrlClass:missing value, GenericClass:missing value, ElemValue:missing value}
							set {ElemInfo's SbrlClass, ElemInfo's GenericClass} to {_Classes's item i's contents, TxtFlds's contents's class}
							if _Classes's item i's contents is class then set ElemInfo's ElemValue to TxtFlds's item i's contents's value
							set end of InputSecureFields to ElemInfo
						end repeat

set IsMacUserNameEmpty to ""

repeat with aRecord in InputSecureFields
							if aRecord's contents's SbrlClass is class then

set IsMacUserNameEmpty to aRecord's contents's ElemValue
								exit repeat
							end if

end repeat

-- end tell

if IsMacUserNameEmpty is "" then
							tell (the first text field whose subrole is missing value)

set focused to true
								keystroke MYUSERNAME using shift down

key code 48
							end tell
						end if

delay 1
						tell (the first UI element whose subrole is "AXSecureTextField")
							keystroke MYPASSWORD using shift down
						end tell
						delay 1

repeat with aButton in TheButtons
							if aButton's contents's name is in ButtonNames then
								tell aButton's contents to perform action "AXPress"
								exit repeat
							end if
						end repeat

else if (count TxtFlds) is equal to 1 then -- only the password field.
						tell (the first UI element whose subrole is "AXSecureTextField")
							keystroke MYPASSWORD using shift down
						end tell
							if aButton's contents's name is "Always Allow" then
								exit repeat
							end if
						end repeat

else -- no input fields at all, only buttons.
							if aButton's contents's name is "Always Allow" then
								exit repeat
							end if
						end repeat

end if

end tell
			end tell
		end if
	end try

Model: MacBook Pro 9,1 (mid-2012 15") Core i7 2.3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD
AppleScript: 2.7
Browser: Safari 605.1.15
Operating System: macOS 10.14

My guess would be no. it looks like a deliberate effort to remove a perceived security weakness.

I discovered something about this process. The most rational and realistic explanation could be that it’s a GUI bug and memory leak as the system doesn’t properly register the state of UI elements. This point gets additional credibility because even user input elements invoked by user Interaction commands (such as display dialog) in both High Sierra and Mojave show wobbliness and a lagging response in the situations when the dialogue needs to go after accepting a click. Also, it seems it has the problem with bringing windows and other UI elements to the front both manually and programmatically. Very often, even if I activate an application then it would appear as if not being frontmost (grayed out), even if accepting input. Either way, I have to click it one more time before bringing to the front actually.

Based on my finding, I was able to replicate this pattern: I locked the Login Keychain, then clicked on “Unlock”, the secure input window popped up. I clicked on it manually to make sure it’s at the front, then ran my script and got success. Annoyingly, even using the “frontmost” property doesn’t necessarily make it frontmost. A window gets detached from its parent process.
I now recall complaints about the WindowServer process. You have to tie the dots to see the blueprint.
I can simulate clicks on registered and known elements. But how do you simulate that one?

Model: MacBook Pro 9,1 (mid-2012 15") Core i7 2.3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD
AppleScript: 2.7
Browser: Safari 605.1.15
Operating System: macOS 10.14