BusyCal : an AppleScript challenge?

Hello experts!

I’m running a calendar app called BusyCal (v. 2021.3.1) on my iMac, running Big Sur 11.6. I’d like to have a script that changes the calendar to which an event is assigned, from Calendar A to Calendar X. Is this possible?

Here’s an outline of setup:
• 5 calendars, each represents a person’s schedule : let’s call them Cal A, Cal B, Cal C etc.
• let’s say we have an event called Event 1which is assigned to Cal A. We also have an event called Event 2 which is assigned to Cal B.
• once Event 1 is 2 weeks old, then the script would change the designation of Event 1 from Cal A, to Cal X. Once Event 2 is 2 weeks old, the script would change the designation of Event 2 from Cal B to Cal X.

If it’s not possible to do this within BusyCal, perhaps it’s possible within Apple’s Calendar app? Ideally it’d run automatically - for example every time I quit or start BusyCal - but am happy to run it manually if required.

I’d be SO grateful if this is possible!!

Regards

Matthew

Auckland, NZ

Model: iMac
AppleScript: 2.11
Browser: Safari 605.1.15
Operating System: macOS 11

Hmmm - it’s looking like a tricky one!

I’d still love to achieve the above - but if not, maybe someone could help me figure out how to export from BusyCal, the ‘hidden notes’ section of an event. The ‘hidden notes’ contain data that does not sync - ie it never leaves the local machine.

I need a particular person to see the contents of the Hidden Notes - but as she doesn’t have physical access to my iMac, she can’t see them.

Ideally I’d export the hidden notes stored in the ‘my notes’ section of an event, along with a little data about that event (perhaps date, time, which calendar it’s assigned to) so that we know which event the hidden notes pertain to.

Who’s up for the challenge?

Matthew

A quick perusal of the website suggests that BusyCal does not offer any applescript support. You could confirm what kind of support it offers by checking with Script Editor to see whether it has a dictionary and if it contains more than the 'standard suite (File > Open Dictionary…).

I think it would be a painful exercise in Calendar as I’m not sure whether you can just move items from one calendar to another.

Hi Mockman

Thanks - will check that out.

I would recommend contacting BusyMac Support, as they’re often helpful about this kind of thing.

And be sure to let us know if they provide any useful info.