Setting Screen Resolution

Hi,
Great to see the site back up and running.
This maybe a very simple script to write, both in OS X and OS 9; but how does one by AppleScript set the Screen Resolution (I ask as I need to have it set to 800 by 600 for my girlfriend upon login (mostly in OS 9)).
Thank you and all I need really is a good pointer or two. I know I could via the Monitor Panel, but I also want to envoke the script for some games too.
Thanks,
BlackMac

You can use the “set screens to” command from the Jon’s Commands scripting addition. It’s one of the few available for both OS 9 and OS X.

Hi Marc,
I tried, but without any luck; once Jon’s Commands are installed (I did reboot) and I start a new script, the “set screens to” is not recognised by AS. Do you have any suggestions for a work around?
Thanks.

The same version of Jon’s Commands won’t work in both OS 9 and OS X. I’m not sure where Jon is hiding the OS X version. You’ll have to ask him (Jon Pugh’s email address). I guess it’s still in beta. I have no direct experience as I’m not on OS X yet.

Have you tried the script under OS 9? The commonly available version (v2.1.2) should work there if it’s in the Scripting Additions folder.

Have you tried the script under OS 9? The commonly available version (v2.1.2) should work there if it’s in the Scripting Additions folder.

The current development version (3.0d2) of Jon’s Commands X is at: [url=http://www.seanet.com/~jonpugh/software/]http://www.seanet.com/~jonpugh/software/[/url]

– Rob

Thanks to both of you, Marc and Rob; I am going to tinker with this and see what comes of it. Have either of you tried Jaguar’s implementation and what do you think?
Thanks again.
BM

I ordered Jaguar through Amazon while the rebate was still in effect so I haven’t received it yet. By the time it shows up here, I will have seen enough news about it to make an informed decision about whether to install it or wait for 10.2.1. :wink:
– Rob (who doesn’t get paid enough to think) :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob, you’re all heart when it comes to AS stuff. I am still having issues with the exact wording for the script I want, but that’s half the fun.