A question for jj (or anyone) re: Xmail and send raw mail

In a previous post from 2006 this is what you wrote to someone who wanted to send an html formatted email via nix:

I know how to send mail using xmail but the plain text look of it just leaves me cold. I am trying to understand what your post is saying and am just not getting it. I have noticed that the send raw mail does not have a subject option so am unsure how I would set one but if I understand what you are saying above then I should format the body copy thus:

set lBodyCopy to ("Date:" & (current date) & "+0500" & return & ¬
	"To:" & lToAddress & return & ¬
	"From:mymail@server.com" & return & ¬
	"Subject:" & lSubject & return & ¬
	"Mime-Version: 1.0"...

including all of my html code and ending with

..."--d-201868725--"&return&¬
"--d-201868665--")as string

Is that correct?!? Is it even in the ballpark? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. :smiley:

Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have addressed this to jj even though I was asking for clarifications on one of his previous posts, but seriously, if ANYONE can help with this please feel free.

All I want to be able to do is send a raw email message through the XMail osax with a Subject line. Right now it looks like I can either send a subject-less raw email or a plain text email with a subject. It seems like it should be straight forward but I can’t figure out how to add the subject line.

Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.6
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Though I haven’t done it, I think that’s what the “extra headers” property is for. Have you tried playing with them?

Not having a clue what ‘extra headers’ referred to I had not, but will do so immediately. Is there an easier way to accomplish this through mail.app or entourage? I figured that XMail was the way to go based on no actual evidence but is there is an easier way to accomplish this I will take the time to write the new handler(s).

OOps, I was wrong. Extra headers only shows up under send mail not send raw mail -

Guess I can’t test it. :confused: