Adding a database to applescript application

I am in the process of creating a simple application and I would like to be able to save data. I assume this would require the addition of a database. What is the best database to use with applescript. I’m not a professional developer so I don’t want to spend hundreds on a database application.

I dont know how to get applescript to do database stuff :confused:
But the best database software would have to be MySQL by far :smiley:

If you could tell me how to do database stuff with Applescript that would be cool :slight_smile:

It really all depends on what you want to do with your saved data. AppleScript can make records, which will function as labelled lists, but they are clunky to search for data retrieval, although very simple to use. If you plan on needing to save/sort/search a lot of data, I agree that MySQL is the way to go (it is free), but there is a learning curve, albeit not terribly steep. You can read more about it here.

I use MySQL for a few AS Studio projects that I have created for personal use, and would be happy to help you if you decide to go that route.

What are you trying to save?

I have created a program that does a math calculation for me. There is about 15 different text boxes for me to put numbers in and the script analizes the numbers 6 different ways and gives me the results. I would like to be able to save the calculations to retrieve them at a later date. I want to be able to save each calculation under a different name and possibley even have the saved calculations as a list on the interface.

*I’m a real estate investor and the program helps me quickly analize properties instead of doing the calculations by hand.

I was doing some additional research this morning. Has anyone used Core Data?

I am also making an app that needs a database. How should I go about adding it with MySQL?

I thought I would update this and let everyone know that I decided to use sqlite3 since it is built into os x.