[ANN] 'AppleScriptObjC Explored' and Xcode 4.x, Lion

The third edition of ‘AppleScript Explored’ has just been released, covering Xcode 4.0 under 10.6 and Xcode 4.1 under Lion.

The changes affect most chapters of the book, and the early chapters have been signifcantly reworked and expanded. Most screenshots have been updated, and there is a new chapter on building AppleScriptObjC applications outside Xcode. The brief introduction to Xcode in previous editions has been replaced with an annotated pictorial guide to Xcode of more than 20 pages. Content has also been updated for Lion.

The price of the third edition is unchanged, and you can upgrade from previous versions for $US10. Upgrades are free for those who bought the book since June 1 this year, and for those who paid the voluntary upgrade fee for the second edition.

The upgrade is also free for those who purchase, or have already purchased, AppleScriptObjC Explorer 2 before the end of September 2011. (Version 2.0.1 has just been released, complete with a facelift and improved logging. You can download it and use it free for 30 days.)

Notices of how to upgrade will be emailed out over the next couple of days. Please be patient.

I tried the link in your email, but something is wrong. The site loads up half-way and stops, and I can’t add a new item to the cart… Maybe I was too soon?

Browser: Safari 531.22.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

It is working, but it might be getting a bit of stress. And unfortunately the confirmation emails with the link don’t seem to be going out. So if you can hang on until tomorrow, hopefully Kagi can get it all fixed by then.

Alrighty. Excited to see whats new! :slight_smile:

Browser: Safari 531.22.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)