annoying problem for little sisters

Hay all well if u came in here by curiostiy to annoy little sisters ur not alone…
well anywho…
as a folder action is it possible as they open up folder “Woolfe” (thats my famliy hard drive)
well as it opens it first off closes itself and open up a blank dialog box or another thing that fills the page
basiclly when they then close it 2 more come up and so foreth that once one is closed 2 open
but make it a limit it to 15 boxes and then stop opening them so that they learn not to open “Woolfe”
ok basiclly the skeleton
-open “Woolfe” , one box opens, woolfe closes
-box #1 is closed , 2 more come up…(6)…until there is 15 boxes on screen when it allows all boxes to close
-this is all as a folder action
and if it’s a dialog let it speak and l’ll modify
is that even possible?
well yea…where the 6 is, doesn’t have to be there but l would like it to be there, if not a way of destroying the active windows
well thanx anyway
-killsquad92-

Or you could just, you know, password-protect the account(s) on your computer and remember to log out when you’re not around.

killsquad92: If you look around, you can find examples of closing a Finder window in a folder action.

Personally, I wouldn’t waste my time with the rest of your request.

fine then!
-killsquad92-

here is a simple script to password your folders. As long as your sisters don’t know that you can disable folder actions…Just put your own password(it can be whatever you like) where it says your password here. Then just right click a folder and click “attach a folder action” and find your script.

on opening folder This_Folder
	tell application "Finder"
		set dialogresult to display dialog "Restricted Folder. Please enter the password to access folder:" buttons {"Ok"} default button 1 default answer "" with hidden answer
		set PWText to the text returned of dialogresult
		if not PWText = "phantom" then
			display dialog "Access Denied" buttons {"Canel"} default button 1
			close folder This_Folder
		else
			display dialog "Access Granted" buttons {"Ok"} default button 1
		end if
	end tell
end opening folder

EDIT: changed the code so no one can see what you’re typing:)
Cheers! hendo13

actually use this:P

repeat
			set dialogresult to display dialog "Restricted Folder. Please enter the password to access folder:" buttons {"Ok", "Close"} default button 1 default answer "" with hidden answer
			copy the result as list to {PWText, button_choice}
			set button_choice to the button returned of dialogresult
			if button_choice is equal to "Ok" then
				set PWText to the text returned of dialogresult
				if not PWText = "your password" then
					display dialog "Access Denied" buttons {"Ok"} default button 1

else
					display dialog "Access Granted" buttons {"Ok"} default button 1
					exit repeat
				end if
			else if button_choice is equal to "Close" then
					close folder This_Folder
					exit repeat
				end tell
			end if
		end tell
	end repeat
end opening folder

Have fun!, hendo13

Thanx dude atleast u tryed to help me in my attempt to annoy her but still
that just blocks her out and then she’ll come find me and still annoy me l want something that still won’t let her in but drive her crazy cause she has like a problem wrong wid her she carn’t take things
the smallest things can annoy her and she always want her way and + my fam know l’m doing apple script but they know nothing bout it so if l make it a folder actiond they would then think the computer is against them
and l’ll just be out the back laughing my head off
heheh
-killsquad92-

well since i have nothing to do, i will work on it, cuz it would be funny.

Why don’t you just go to Finder preferences and disable the option for hard disks to be shown on the desktop?

I’m sorry, but this seems pretty lame for a joke…

I remember the days of sibling rivalry when I perpetrated the occasional practical joke - but your “joke” may undermine parental control of the family computer.

Be careful, or you will carry this too far.

ok, i know this isn’t exactly what you wanted but you could use this

close folder This_Folder
	end tell
	repeat 5 times --change this to the number of times you want the dialog to repeat
		set first_dialog to display dialog "Neener Neener" buttons {"Ok"} default button 1
	end repeat
end opening folder

this folder action just closes the window when opened and displays a dialog a certain amount of times. It’s really uncomplex but hey…

Thanx man it was close enough to wat l wanted
-killsquad92-