App throwing error after installing Mavericks

Hi all,
I had a simple AppleScript app that enabled Internet Sharing through GUI scripting. After installing Mavericks, enabling the App in System Pref–>Security Privacy → Accessibilty and running it, I get an error message that says
“InternetSharing is not allowed assistive access”. Any idea what I need to resolve this and get the App running?
The weird thing is that If I run the script using AppleScript Editor, it works fine.

Now it’s letting me reply. Odd.

So it looks like Mavericks now has a “per app” security. This is smart on some levels, but it means that if you spin out half a dozen applescripts as “apps” you have to give them each permission to use the accessibility commands.

(It appears that script editor has a “free pass” on security, which sort of makes sense)

To do this:

1. run the app and get the alert saying permission denied
  2. go to the SYSTEM prefs (under the apple menu)
  3. go to Security & Privacy
  4. select “accessibility” on the left
  5. unlock your prefs (bottom left of preference pane)
  6. check off any apps you want to give permission to

I have a nearly identical problem. I have an AppleScript that contains some System Events commands. When run from the editor, it works fine. When run as an app I get the “not allowed assistive access” message. I’ve enabled access as described in the earlier message but I still get the error. As a test, I wrote the following script that exhibits the problem:

tell application "Finder" to open file "Basement Macintosh HD:Users:Shared:Working Data:acquisitionMethodCode.xls"
tell application "Microsoft Excel" to activate
delay 5
tell application "System Events" to tell process "Excel" to tell window 1
	if get role description = "dialog" then
		click button 1
	end if
end tell

As an explanation, my actual script opens 500 spreadsheets one at a time and some open with a dialog that must be dismissed. This code does the job.