AppleEvent Timeouts

I have a small script triggered via Filemaker pro 6 that basicall tells the finder (with a ridiculous timeout set) to copy files from one server to another.

The problem is no matter what I do the script times out with an AppleEvent after 2 minutes, What can I do?

HELP!!! :frowning:

with timeout 3600 seconds
tell application ā€œFinderā€
set dest to folder ā€œTestā€ of home
duplicate every file of disk ā€œTestDiskā€ to dest
end tell
end timeout

Maybe this will work. Iā€™m not familiar enough with ā€˜ignoringā€™ to know if it needs to be within or outside of the tell block in this case, so here are two examples to try.

ignoring application responses
	tell application "Finder"
		set dest to folder "Test" of home
		duplicate every file of disk "TestDisk" to dest
	end tell
end ignoring
tell application "Finder"
	set dest to folder "Test" of home
	ignoring application responses
		duplicate every file of disk "TestDisk" to dest
	end ignoring
end tell

Rob,

Many, many thanks for your response.

The second script you issued works just fine, you have certainly brought sunshine to an otherwise gloomy day.

Cheers

Dave :lol:

I used the the sript with appleScript works fine, but when I try to execute from the filemaker I received the timeout error. I use Filemaker 6

The script works for me in FileMaker 6. Are you running it from a ā€œPerform AppleScriptā€ script step in ScriptMaker?

ā€“ Rob

yes, what version of system and FM do you use?
I use OS X 10.2.6 ,Filemaker Developer 6.0v4 dev
if you have a e-mail Iā€™ll sent the file.

M!

Iā€™m running FMP 6.0v4 on OS X 10.2.8. Email: robj@woh.rr.com

ā€“ Rob

Martin, I tested the FMP file that you sent and I see what you mean. I donā€™t know how to overcome the issue.

On a somewhat related note, and with no reflection on you, I was apprehensive about opening the FMP file. It would be very easy to embed a destructive AppleScript script in a FMP database and set it to execute when the database is opened. I guess the old rule applies that one should only open files from trusted sources. :wink:

ā€“ Rob (the paranoid one)