Applescript and Illustrator CS3 and Acrobat 8

I have a large and repetitive task that I need to repeat on a weekly basis and I am hoping that I can create an Applescript that will do it for me.

I have a folder full of pdfs (hundreds of them) which each contain one small text box.
What I need to do is open each of the files in Illustrator and scale the text box to 50% and then save the file back into a pdf.
Then I need to open each of the files in Acrobat Professional, crop the page (removing white space) and save the file to a new folder as an eps.

I can accomplish this on individual files but it is obviously very time consuming.

Is this something that could be scripted.

I have a programming background although no experience with applescript but before I dive into the project it would be good to have someone who does have some experience with Applescript tell me that what I am looking to do is possible.

Also, if anyone can point me in the right direction to get some initial scripting help would appreciate it. I would not be adverse to paying someone to write this for me if the price was right.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi John

I’ll try and look into this abit more when i can (busy at the minute)
but this snippet should cover the illustrator text reduction part, depending on what size the text is in your doc.

tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
	tell document 1
		set Tcount to count text frames
		repeat with i from 1 to Tcount
			tell text frame i
				set size of text range to 50 -- (points) if text is 100pt then this line will reduce it to 50pt
			end tell
		end repeat
	end tell
end tell

i’ll try and have another look at it a little later