AppleScript and System Events with QuarkXPress

Hi All,

I need some help with applescript and System Events.
I’m writing a script to make, from a Quark document, a PDF file on a server with Helios and Acrobat Distiller.
Hereafter, the extract to explain my question :

tell application "QuarkXPress Passport"
	set properties of print setup of front document to {absolute overlap:true, auto tile overlap:"76,2 mm", back to front:false, bleed:"0 mm", collate:false, data format:binary data, fit in area:false, flip horizontal:false, flip vertical:false, full res rotated objects:false, halftone screen:"100", include blank pages:false, invert image:false, orientation:portrait, page gap:"0 mm", page position:center position, page sequence:all pages, paper offset:"0 mm", paper size:"Personnalisée", paper width:"290 mm", paper height:"390 mm", print colors:grayscale, print quality:rotate, print spreads:false, print thumbnails:false, printer type:"Acrobat Distiller", reduce or enlarge:"100%", registration marks:off, registration marks offset:"6 pt", resolution:1200, separation:false, tiling:off}
	print front document OPI omit TIFF and EPS print dialog "no"
end tell

When a QuarkXPress specific dialog window appears before printing, I need to determine which button is returned, to continue or stop the script.
This dialog may be missing font(s), picture(s) on the document to print, printer driver …

Many thanks for your help.

I have found that it is best to print to a postscript file then you don’t get those dialog boxes… you can then have distiller convert it to a PDF or you can you us PSTOPDF thats what I ues

mm