AppleScript Application Remain in Dock Recent Applications

AppleScript applications do not remain in the Dock’s Recent Application’s section after they are quit. Unless my memory is wrong, this was not the case in the past. I am wondering if it is a recent bug in macOS. One reason for that is when I look at the Dock’s preference file, AppleScript applications that are running do not appear. Applications made in Xcode and “by hand” both exhibit the same behavior.

I hope someone can shed some light on this. If it is not a recent issue, what is required in order to have them remain in the Dock after quitting?

Mac Studio M2 Ultra
macOS 14.3.1

It isn’t necessarily just AppleScript or Xcode applications, the deciding factor is where they are located - whether or not the application is located in the main /Applications folder. Which makes some sense, as other locations may not be accessible by other users.

red_menace - I am embarrassed I did not think of that myself. I very much appreciate your replying. I have learned quite a bit from your work over the years. Thank you making it available.