Applescript: Create Grep Style in a Paragraph style in InDesign

Hi All

I’m using the following script to create a grep style within a paragraph style.

However, the I can’t get it to apply my character style? I’m using the applied character style:“GREP_No Break-Text” but no luck!

Here’s the script:

tell application “Adobe InDesign CS6”
activate
tell active document
– MAKE SWATCHES ************************************************************************************
– make “No Break-Text” swatch
try
set myColourSwatch to swatch “No Break-Text
on error
make new color with properties {model:process, space:CMYK, color value:{0, 100, 0, 0}, name:“No Break-Text”}
end try

– MAKE CHARACTER STYLES ************************************************************************************

–no style by that name already exists.
try
set myCharacterStyle to character style “GREP_No Break-Text”
on error
–The style did not exist, so create it.
set myCharacterStyle to make character style with properties {name:“GREP_No Break-Text”}
end try
–At this point, the variable myCharacterStyle contains a reference to a character
–style object, which you can now use to specify formatting.
set no break of myCharacterStyle to true
set fill color of myCharacterStyle to “No Break-Text

– MAKE PARA STYLES ************************************************************************************
–no style by that name already exists.
try
set myParagraphStyle to paragraph style “Body - Master”
on error
–The style did not exist, so create it.
set myParagraphStyle to make paragraph style with properties {name:“Body - Master”}
end try
tell paragraph style “Body - Master”
make new nested grep style with properties {grep expression:“GREP EXPRESSION HERE”} – this works
–make new nested grep style with properties {grep expression:“GREP EXPRESSION HERE”, applied character style:“GREP_No Break-Text”} – This dosen’t work

end tell

end tell
end tell

Hi,

taking your created reference it works:

make new nested grep style with properties {grep expression:"GREP EXPRESSION HERE", applied character style:myCharacterStyle}

Hope it’ll work :slight_smile: for you …

Cool! thanks Hans!