The video conversion app, MPEG Streamclip, won’t allow you to drop a folder of video files into the Batch window. It requires you to add files individually.
Problem: I have numerous folders of video nested within folders that require conversion. It would take too long to open each folder, import the individual files and save them to a new folder.
Solution?: Is it possible to write some Applescript to do the following:
- Ask which folder to send to MPEG Streamclip for batch conversion.
- Choose folder and the script adds every file in the selected folder to the batch window.
- After files are added, app asks for where to save converted clips, script creates a new folder with the same name as the source folder on another drive.
- Video Settings are set and confirmed manually (or auto?) and the files are sent to the Batch List.
- Process is repeated until all files have been added and then batch starts (either manually or by script).
Is this possible? If so, great! If not, perhaps parts of this solution are doable. Any thoughts/guidance is greatly appreciated!