Applescript Help

I have been looking for a script or an expert that would lead me to an applescript that moves the cursor upon startup and clicks. I know how to include an applescript in the Login Items, but I haven’t found anything helpful concerning the script, short of learning the whole language. I don’t know if the keyword is “mouse”, “cursor”, “pointer” or something else.

There is a program that I have and need that places an unwanted large logo near the middle of my desktop in the same place every time I turn on my computer (iMac OS X version 10.7.3). It is redundant and it bothers me. I need to click it away each time. Once this problem is solved, I will probably not need applescript ever again.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

James Adrian
jim@futurebeacon.com

What is the application that presents the logo (called a splash window or splash screen) at startup? I assume the splash appears when the program starts as a login item rather than when the computer starts. The simplest “fix” therefore is to remove the application from your login items list and start it only when you need it.

Adam Bell,

My Login Items is empty.

The application is MagicJack. They can’t solve the problem short of deleting the logo in their next version.

MagicJack is a computer telephone service. I use if for outgoing calls only. There is a regular startup icon on my desktop, so I don’t need the huge logo.

Thank you for your help.

James Adrian
jim@futurebeacon.com

AppleScript cannot move the cursor so it needs help. The old tool for doing that (XTOOL) is not compatible with Intel based Macs so all that is left is a command line tool called MouseTool that you may find a bit daunting given your lack of scripting. Are you familiar with Terminal.app?

Adam Bell,

I am somewhat familiar with the Terminal.app and if by using it I can get this job done I am willing to try.

What do you have in mind?

James Adrian
jim@futurebeacon.com