AppleScriptWiki

Greetings!

While attempting to learn AppleScriptObjC, I noticed that I kept searching through these forums, blog posts, and other sources for information since Apple’s documentation is sparse at the moment. I typically keep notes when writing scripts and I comment my code heavily. When I noticed my notes file on AppleScriptObjC start to expand into several pages and frustrated with searching for information, I thought that it would be great to have a resource where AppleScripters could post their tips, tricks, and other pieces of advice on all things AppleScript, similar to the resource that Cocoa developers have at CocoaDev.com.

So I created AppleScriptWiki, a WikiWikiWeb site that I hope will become a resource for AppleScript developers. I invite everyone to post their tips, tricks, and other nuggets of information so that others can find the information they need. I plan to post all of my notes to the site as time permits.

Thanks for reading and I hope you participate.

Warm regards,

Larry Staton Jr.
AppleScriptWiki.com

Model: MacBook Pro
AppleScript: 2.0
Browser: WebKit Nightly
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

Hi,

I get an ‘Access denied’ message when trying to open the website.

Best regards,

Martin

Thanks, Martin. Let me check my log files. I’m seeing the site just fine over here.

Martin -

It appears that your IP has been blacklisted by SpamHaus.org. Has this happened to you on other Web sites? I may need to turn off that check!

Hi Larry,

I am surfing the web via DSL provided by a known German internet company, so there should be no problem :smiley:

Best regards from Germany,

Martin

Hi Larry, hi Martin,

I am surfing the web via DSL provided by a known German internet company too, but I have no problem by trying to open the website.

Best regards from Germany

Heiner

Finally, a wiki. There are so many great gems of information on this site and I always think of CocoaDev’s success in their own wiki.

In the past, almost a dozen times now, I’ve used pbwiki. I tried quite a few of the free ones out a few years ago, needing a wiki that didn’t require much knowledge of some mark up/down/left/right-like syntax but also had some power.

Maybe setup one there?