Attaching a recording to an email

All,

I admit to being a complete AppleScript noob, but was hoping a kind soul could help me out. I am trying to hack an existing script included with the freeware Audio Recorder app (below). The script creates a new message in Apple Mail with the most recently recorded file as an attachment, but I use Entourage right now and the syntax needed seems to be totally different.

Thanks in advance,
Lars

tell application “Audio Recorder”
set theFilePath to the current file path
if theFilePath is not “” then
tell application “Mail”
set theMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {content:return & return}
tell theMessage
set visible to true
tell content
make new attachment with properties {file name:theFilePath} at after the last paragraph
end tell
end tell
end tell
end if
end tell

Try this:

tell application "Microsoft Entourage" to ¬
	open (make new outgoing message at out box folder with properties {content:return & return, attachment:theFilePath})

Thanks for the suggestion. However, when I run that code from the Script Editor, I get this error msg:

‘Microsoft Entourage got an error: Some data was the wrong type.’

Regards,
Lars

Does this work?

tell application "Audio Recorder" to set theFilePath to current file path
set theFilePath to (text 2 thru -1 of (POSIX path of theFilePath)) as alias
tell application "Microsoft Entourage"
    activate
    open (make new outgoing message at out box folder with properties {content:return & return, attachment:theFilePath})
end tell

Jon

Yes, that works exactly like I need it to - thanks!

I emailed the developer of Audio Recorder earlier and he said he’d be happy to include a script for Entourage with the application as long as someone else wrote it. Can I send this to him?

Regards,
Lars

As long as jj’s cool with it, I have no problem sending it to him.

Jon

Oh, well, er… ok. :rolleyes: