Automate posting PDF files to Server

Good Evening. I am very green with AppleScript and your help is much appreciated.

I have searched topics for this and tried several scripts that don’t seem to work in this situation…I may be as bad at searching as I am at applescripting…LOL

I have a MAC OS x machine that is taking advantage of Adobe Distiller Hotfolders and automatically reading files from an IN folder and distilling them to an OUT folder. This folder is on the desktop. Once the distilled PDF files have been posted to the OUT folder, I am looking for an automated script that will move them to a specified server (windows based machine) for printing. In short, I am looking for a script that will copy/move files to a server once they hit a specified folder.

Again, your help is greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Model: Power Mac G5
AppleScript: AppleScript 1.9.3
Browser: Safari 312.3.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)

you would need to use folder actions.

Thanks so much Kim…would you elaborate as far as how? Again thanks for all your help and thought on this.

Hi try this

set thePath to the desktop folder
set thePDFpath to thePath & "Adobe Distiller Hotfolders:OUT:"
tell application "Finder" to move every itme to "Server Location"

Hope it will work.

Thanks
Rajeev

A folder action goes something like this:

on adding folder items to thisFolder after receiving thesefolders
	tell application "Finder"
		activate
		set label index of every folder of thisFolder whose label index is not 6 to 6
	end tell
end adding folder items to

If you have not used folder actions before here is how to set it up.

The compiled script goes into the yourHardDrive/Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts folder. To attach the script to a folder you then control-click the folder and there should be a menu that says “Attach folder action”.

The lines in the above script are mainly just for example. You could place Macrajeev’s code inside. You would omit the tell application “Finder” part of his line if placing the code within the tell application “Finder” - end tell block in the above example. Also itme should be item.

PreTech

Thanks so much guys! I will be able to try this Monday morning and will let you know how it worked…I’m sure it will.

Thanks again!