automated prefrences change

i wanted to make a script/app that would configure my dashboard/exposé hotkeys. everytime i go into WoW they are overwritten by wow keybinds (even though i have unassigne the “FX” i use). anyway, can anyone help me?

Is Warcraft actually changing the assignments in Preferences? Or are they only changed while the game is being used?

since warcraft uses the hotkeys im using for dashboard and exposé, it just deletes my preferences. even if i just open the game, login, and then close it, i will be unable to use dashboard and exposé. if i go to the preferences, each option has a “-” in it, instead of the hotkey i want

What version of WoW are you using? There is a fix for this issue at http://www.world-of-warcraft-gold.com/world-of-warcraft-patch-1_6_1.html.

im using the most recent version: 2.2.2 i reached the character selection only, after changing the preferences, and when i turned off the program, they were unassigned again

This isn’t pretty, but it gets the job done. It currently uses the default function keys.

tell application "System Preferences"
	activate
	set current pane to pane "com.apple.preference.expose"
end tell

tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "System Preferences"
		tell window "Dashboard & Exposé"
			tell group 2 -- Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts

tell pop up button 1 -- All windows
					click
					tell menu 1
						click menu item "F9"