Automatic scrolling of a text view

I have a window, with a single NSTextView object that I am filling with text. I would like to have the view automatically start scrolling down when the text no longer fits within the text view object. According to the reference, the “scroll” command is not supported by Applescript Studio 1.2. I have tried the example that the reference supplied, but it doesn’t work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Brad Bumgarner, CTA

I use this routine to create a log in a text view with autoscroll :

Jon

I had discovered the call method, unfortunately I had not used it within a tell statement, therefore the object was not defined. Once I fixed that, it worked just as advertised.

Thanks,
Brad Bumgarner, CTA

I’m trying something that’s a little bit different - I want to scroll to some character, not just the bottom or the top of the text. In my experiment I use this character position to fill both of the parameters (so it’s "… with parameter {pos,pos}), but it didn’t scoll at all. When change pos to the full length of the text, it did scroll down to the bottom!

So what should I do to get the desired effect? Thanks!

So does anyone know how to scroll to arbitrary position instead of just the beginning or the end? Thanks a lot!

You need to determine where that character is within the text and supply that position to the method. I haven’t ever tried (or needed) to do this, so I don’t really know the best way to find the position of a given character. Not a LOT of help, I know. :rolleyes:

Brad Bumgarner, CTA

Thanks Brad - the problem is, even when I give it the index of the character (inside the contents of the text view) it doesn’t scroll at all, unless the index is either 0 or the end of the contents. Does this sound like a bug, or I’m missing something…?