I’ve had this issue for awhile which has been progressively getting worse.
In automator you have the ability to create “Calendar Alarms” which is essentially the ability to run scripts or actions on a specified time. It’s a very good
automation tool. THis worked great until the 10.8.2 update.
If you specify an alarm. Two things happen.
- The notification displays 30 to almost a minute later than specified.
- The automator action does run but doesn’t run always.
- The only way to make the calendar alarms specified through automator to work is to periodically reboot your computer which I never had to do prior to the 10.8.2 update.
I thought it was a hardware age issue but this is also happening in the MBPR 15 so it’s definitely a software issue.
- Thought it was due the script i was running but even with a hello world dialog the issue still occurs.
- updated to 10.8.3 and the issue still occurs.
- Also I have used iCal to also open the actual file at the same time the calendar alarm is suppose to run to help isolate the issue. The file opens exactly at the time specified when the calendar event doesn’t.
- anyone having this issue?
- anyone know how i can fix this issue?
any help would be appreciated.