Build Error Question

Hi All,
I’ve been getting this error when on build:

Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
MYApp: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition “/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax” declares no loadable handlers.

It doesn’t seem to effect the application, but I’m wondering what it’s about. Anyone seen this before, or have an idea what it means?

Hi,

the main information is: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

That means, the installed Scripting Addition Adobe Unit Types.osax is 32-bit only.
You can load a new version including the 64-bit part on adobe.com

Snow Leopard ships with a older version of Adobe Unit Types. You need the newer 64-bit version.

You can download it here:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/516/cpsid_51615.html

Instructions are provided.

Browser: Safari 531.22.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

I don’t think it ships with any version of it – it gets installed with Photoshop, if I remember correctly.

Ah, yes! Sorry, Shane is correct. Again. :slight_smile:

Browser: Safari 6533.18.5

Thanks for the numerous replies. I do have photoshop CS3 installed, so I guess that is where it came from. I’m wondering though, if I’m not using it in my project (a least not intentionally), then why is it showing up as an error during builds? I have to be honest, I don’t have a firm understanding on what actually happens in the build process. Are the the scripting additions, or at least this one, being compiled into the executable? I ask because I just had a user tell me he was getting an error message when running my app telling him to update the scripting addition.

Yes, I believe they are included in the build process because they are in the /Library/ScriptingAdditions/ folder (local or user). Even if you are not using them.

I’ve been using the 64-bit version (version a2.1.0 I think) for close to a year and has not caused a single problem so far. I think it’s pretty safe for Xcode and Applescript development, but not so sure though for CS3… this would have to be verified.

Well I played around with this some more, and it seems like on startup, both ASOC and applescript studio apps take a look at the scripting additions folder. I get this message:

Performance: Please update this scripting addition to supply a value for ThreadSafe for each event handler: “/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Satimage.osax”

for every one of my scripting additions, and I get an error message if the old adobe scripting addition is present. This seems to be regardless whether or not the project was built with these files present in the scripting addition folder, so maybe they are not built into the project when compiled. The apps work regardless of these messages, so this appears to be a non-issue, unless of course if you’re using one of these scripting additions. Thanks for all the replies.

I think so too, based on past experiences, should be fine. Question: what is Satimage.osax? I do not have this one in my system. Is it installed by a specific application?

It’s installed with the Smile applescript editor. You can find all of their scripting additions here: http://www.satimage.fr/software/en/downloads/downloads_companion_osaxen.html

They can be pretty handy.