Burn discs with a text -file

Hello,
let’s imagine that we have:

1. a document file ( “txt” as extension) with path annotations
  2. Toast Titanium -burn software

Sometimes, when my download folder becomes full (4 Giga), i decide to burn these Data.
But i put only selected items into my “backup” folder, (in the home folder) and i burn nothing of all this data on disc.
I add my files, without dragging, but via keyboard-shortcut, which activates obvious, a applescript, whose puts a text-file in this “backup” -folder writing the path of the selected items in this text-file. This text -file will be rewritten every time i add some new selected material to this “backup” folder.
Now, my question is:
how can i do, to make read this text -file, (without using “TextEdit” ) and importing the readed paragraphs, one by one, “directly” into the “burn” -window of “Toast Titanium”, using this text-document ? (someone has a good shell script under the hand (fingers)?)

…Ok, i’ve downloaded some shell scripts documents today, but it takes some time befor i can apply some new knowledge…Thanks :cool:

Hi,

try this, the script assumes HFS paths (colon separated)

set newName to "Backup_" & (do shell script "/bin/date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S")
set inputFile to ((path to desktop as text) & "backup.txt")

set theFiles to {}
repeat with i in (get paragraphs of (read file inputFile))
	set end of theFiles to (i as alias)
end repeat

tell application "Toast Titanium"
	activate
	set newDisk to make new Data disc with properties {name:newName, file system type:Mac OS Extended}
	add to newDisk items theFiles
	-- write newDisk
end tell

Very useful, your suggestion; thanks.

the:

…does not import the list of items into Toast, returns a error with “my” Toast t. Perhaps because you uses “Toast t.” version 9 ?(it imports differently from v 8 too, i know) i’ve removed the newer version, because the application has had various problems during the burning (writing the data) and verifying (scanning the data disc for some write errors) of DVD’s.
I think that the cause for failure (not of the script, i mean of the working processes of Toast)was not always to be charged to the current supply (I use a external Dual -Layer drive of Philips (SPD3400CC) to do this job).
Now the script has changed in:

set Bk_folder to "B" & (do shell script "/bin/date +%Y%m%d")
set inputFile to ((the_f & "Backup:" as text) & "Backup List.txt")

tell application "Toast Titanium"
	activate
	set newDisk to make new Data disc with properties {name:Bk_folder, file system type:Mac OS Extended, resolve aliases:true}
	repeat with i in (get paragraphs of (read file inputFile))
		set theFiles to (i as text)
		add to newDisk items alias (theFiles)
	end repeat
end tell