Cannot get any window bounds with Photoshop

I am using Photoshop CS3 to set up some work we’ll be doing, processing thousands of images as automatically as we can. One issue so far is that Photoshop CS3 apparently does not understand the word “bounds” as in window bounds, and will not let me inquire as to what he bounds of any window is, or set them. What I need to do is set, say, a 125x125 graphic with a larger frame (300x300 or so) so that I can move the contents around without enlarging the window manually first (since we have so many images to work on). Normally I’d do things like this:

tell application “Adobe Photoshop CS3”
get bounds of selected document
end tell

to start my scripting but Photoshop refuses to work with “first document” or “first window” or “current document” or anything.

Can anyone help me manipulate the boundary sizes of open windows in Photoshop, either using AS or Photoshop’s actions? I am stumped.

Are you looking for the size of the window or the size of the document?

Really, the window. I can use the document properly, and get everything the way I want. What I can’t seem to be able to do is manipulate the bounds of the front window at all in Photoshop, to make the window be larger than the graphic part inside, so I can use free transform easily and crop everything I need to crop. (The contents of the layer is larger than the canvas, and I’m doing things like, making thumbnails that are zoomed up on a figure’s face, since the image will not look good if it’s too small otherwise).

Playing around with it there is not a property that you can reach that controls this. I even tried the script listener and didn’t see anything their either, and was unable to do it with system events scripting.

I think the closest you will get is to switch the viewing mode to one of the full screen options. By default Photoshop opens all images to fit within the screen bounds so you could call a zoom out too if required.