Change Default Login Pic

Hi-

I have been trying to get the following script to take the selected jpg and use it to replace the default Login pic. As it is now, for some reason I keep getting an error (cp: Macintosh:Users:Frank:Desktop:apple splat green.jpg: No such file or directory) that basically the file was not found to use as the replacement. Could someone please help me understand what I am missing?

Thanks-
Frank

tell application "Finder"
	set theSelection to (selection as string)
end tell

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"."}
set imgCheck to last text item of theSelection

if imgCheck = "jpg" then
	do shell script ("cp " & quoted form of theSelection & " /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg") with administrator privileges
else
	do shell script ("sips -s format jpeg " & quoted form of theSelection & " --out /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg") with administrator privileges
end if

display dialog "The login desktop backgound has been changed." buttons {"OK"} default button 1 with icon 1

Hi,

.quoted form of POSIX path of theSelection.

in both lines

Thanks StefanK!

How would you make something like this have the ability to drag onto it to perform the script?

on open theseItems
	set thisItem to item 1 of theseItems
	if name extension of (info for thisItem) is "jpg" then
		do shell script ("cp " & quoted form of POSIX path of thisItem & " /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg") with administrator privileges
	else
		do shell script ("sips -s format jpeg " & quoted form of POSIX path of thisItem & " --out /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg") with administrator privileges
	end if
	display dialog "The login desktop backgound has been changed." buttons {"OK"} default button 1 with icon 1
end open

Is it possible to have it open both ways?

on run
	tell application "Finder" to set sel to selection
	if sel is not {} then open sel
end run

on open theseItems
	set thisItem to item 1 of theseItems as alias
	if name extension of (info for thisItem) is "jpg" then
		do shell script ("cp " & quoted form of theSelection & " /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg") with administrator privileges
	else
		do shell script ("sips -s format jpeg " & quoted form of theSelection & " --out /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg") with administrator privileges
	end if
end open

Thank you very much for your help and speed!