classic to osx

How do I change a classic applescript to a osX applescript? I can’t save the applescript as an os x application thru script editor because the type of programing within won’t allow it. It asks for a file name and then stores that name within the saved applescript (or something like that). I then try to run the newly saved version and an error comes up. I can only run the original thru the classic enviroment and I want to run it only in an osx enviroment.

Cheers,
denns

Not sure what you mean when you say “the type of programing within won’t allow it.” Can you post your code? What is most likely happening is that you are making a call to an OS 9 Scripting Addition or an OS 9 only app that won’t launch in Classic.

Jon

The script I’m talking about is not mine. And the code is to long to post here. The web site is http://scriptbuilders.net/category.php?search=One-time+pad+
The applescript I’m having problems with is ‘one-time pad encrypt v1’. The reason I can’t explain what it’s doing is because I don’t understand applescript at this level.

Cheers,
denns

They all compile just fine on my machine (Mac OS X 10.2.6/AS 1.9.1). When you try to open them in SE, they ask to locate a conversion file. Navigate to the folder they are in and select the “convFile” document. After they are open, they should be compiled and you can do a Save as… and save them as applications that don’t require Classic.

HTH,
Jon

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. When is said conversion file I thought it was any file I picked. Not the convfile supplied. Thanks again.

Cheers,
denns