Color selection in Mail

Hi all, I saw this old thread, and was wondering if anyone has come up with a workaround for custom colors in mail? Manually, using the color selector, I can choose a custom color, but haven’t found anything regarding scripting a custom color.

Thanks

You can edit only your outgoing messages. The script using choose color dialog, may be something like this:

set recipientAddress to "KNIAZIDIS.ROMPERT@gmail.com"
set theSubject to "This is the subject"
set recipientName to "Robert Kniazidis"

set theContent to "This is a paragraph.
This is a bold paragraph.
This is italic paragraph."

tell application "Mail"
	activate
	set theMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:theSubject, content:theContent, visible:true}
	tell theMessage
		make new to recipient with properties {name:recipientName, address:recipientAddress}
		set chosenColor1 to choose color
		set properties of paragraph 1 to {font:"Helvetica", size:12.0, color:chosenColor1}
		set chosenColor2 to choose color
		set properties of paragraph 2 to {font:"Helvetica-Bold", size:25.0, color:chosenColor2}
		set chosenColor3 to choose color
		set properties of paragraph 3 to {font:"Helvetica-Oblique", size:18.0, color:chosenColor3}
		delay 3
		send
	end tell
end tell

You can set the colours directly as well, using RGB values:

set recipientAddress to "KNIAZIDIS.ROMPERT@gmail.com"
set theSubject to "This is the subject"
set recipientName to "Robert Kniazidis"

set theContent to "This is a paragraph.
This is a bold paragraph.
This is italic paragraph."

tell application "Mail"
	activate
	set theMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:theSubject, content:theContent, visible:true}
	tell theMessage
		make new to recipient with properties {name:recipientName, address:recipientAddress}
		set properties of paragraph 1 to {font:"Helvetica", size:12.0, color:{0, 65535, 65535}}
		set properties of paragraph 2 to {font:"Helvetica-Bold", size:25.0, color:{65535, 0, 65535}}
		set properties of paragraph 3 to {font:"Helvetica-Oblique", size:18.0, color:{65535, 65535, 0}}
		delay 3
		send
	end tell
end tell

NOTE: you can apply font-size-color settings to certain characters as well.

Thank you for your responses @Fredrik71 and @KniazidisR - I realize that I was not specific enough. I’d like to change the colors in my Message List. Seems like that the “message colors” option is only available for outgoing messages.

You can make a sorta message with Html. I wasn’t able to get quoting correctly.