ColorSync scripting

Is it possible to get path to current display color profile using Applescript?
I assume it can be done via ColorSync, but I can’t find any reference of its commands, neither can I find suitable script in /Library/Scripts/ColorSync

BTW, Is there something like MSDN, but for Applescript? I mean, some set of documentation where all scriptable standard applications from MacOS are enumerated along with all their commands, properties, classes, etc.

Hi,

Colorsync is scriptable, this is an example to change the profile of multiple displays

tell application "ColorSyncScripting"
	launch
	tell displays to set {cnt, dName, sProfiles} to {count it, name, display profile}
	set allProfiles to name of profiles
end tell

repeat with i from 1 to cnt
	set newProfile to choose from list allProfiles with prompt "Choose profile for display " & i  default items (name of item i of sProfiles)
	if newProfile is not false then
		set newProfile to item 1 of newProfile
		tell application "ColorSyncScripting" to set display profile of display i to profile newProfile
	end if
end repeat

To gather the information about the scriptability of the applications, just load and read the dictionaries

Yes, code like follows should work just fine:

tell application "ColorSyncScripting"
	set alldisplays to every display
	repeat with thedisplay in alldisplays
		set profilepath to (location of display profile of thedisplay) as Unicode text
	end repeat
end tell

If you need to study the available AppleScript dictionary of an application or scripting addition, then you can open their AppleScript libraries in Script Editor:

Script Editor > Window > Library

Or just drag an application icon of your choice onto Script Editor’s app icon to see its AppleScript dictionary.

Hope this helps.