Combining iView MediaPro and Filemaker and mySQL?

Hi -
I’m interested in creating a database, for the very first time. I am very much a newbie at this, so my deepest apologies if some of this seems basic. I have roamed through the FAQs and through various posts related to iView and Filemaker, and I have not yet checked mySQL.

This is what I want to do. I’ve created a number of text tab delimited files manually with iView MediaPro. I’ve been trying to script this, but I’m really confused about some of iView’s dictionary commands. For example:

tell application "iView MediaPro"
activate
open (choose folder)

That launches iView, opens a new catalog (with all of its defaults, I think), and imports the contents of my folder into iView. So far so good. But, all I want to do now is export a text tab-delimited file of 9 specific fields (file name, file size, file type, height, width, color space, color profile, compression, & resolution.). Here’s code I was trying, but received an error when asking AS to compile it. (By the way, I’m using AS 1.9):

with timeout 120 seconds --the catalog seems to take a while to build
make text table with options (file name, file size, file type} --for brevity, I'll just use those three fields
saving in "MacHD:Users:Me:Desktop:"
end timeout
end tell

I then want to close the iView Catalog without saving it - I’m only interested in extracting the image data in the above fields. Does anyone know how to do this simplistically? Does anyone know how to tell iView how to use the same fields each time it exports without exporting a default list of fields?

Finally, my next phase is to import each of these text tab-delimited files into FMP. This seems easy enough but I haven’t figured out the syntax. Right now, I’m limited to FMP 5.0 (Classic), but hopefully not for long. Because I only have the FMP 5.0, I was very interested in starting mySQL since its included with OS X. Any suggestions for how to start mySQL or to start learning about it? I don’t expect Applescript will interact with mySQL too much, but maybe we can give it a

do shell script "mysql"

command?