command using parameter not in dictionary?

hi,

forgive me if I don’t have the terms right here but I wanted to know if it is possible and what the syntax is for adding a parameter to an applescript command that is supported in the framework / API but not supported in the Applescript dictionary.

specifically for growl, I need to supply a clickContext: parameter.

tell application "GrowlHelperApp" to ¬
notify with name "Today's Events" title theEventSummary description theEventDescription application name appName

and thought something like this would work without having to use “call method”

tell application "GrowlHelperApp" to ¬
notify with name "Today's Events" title theEventSummary description theEventDescription application name appName with parameter {clickContext:1}

The cocoa method is:

Post a notification from parameter data
+[GrowlApplicationBridge notifyWithTitle:
	description:
	notificationName:
	iconData:
	priority:
	isSticky:
	clickContext:]

If you find a way to do that WB, be sure to post it here – I’d love to have feedback from a Growl notification that it was clicked.

Adam (or anyone)…

The growl devs are not much help when it comes to applescript. so i thought i’d try it on my own based on some code jobu provided that handled iTunes distributed notifications in applescript studio.

the problem here is in order to tell growl to even notify, you have to pass it this clickContext: parameter first.

In other words this is only step #1. If I can get that part to work I’ll try tackling the rest of it.