Converting a handler into a system extension

Is there a way to convert a handler into a system extension in Mac OS 9.2.1 ?? Instead of inserting the handler in every script it would be available from one source.
What software do I need to do that ?? Thanks in advance.

: Is there a way to convert a handler into a system extension in Mac OS 9.2.1
: ?? Instead of inserting the handler in every script it would be available
: from one source.
: What software do I need to do that ?? Thanks in advance.
Without more information, I would look into script libraries. I have JUST started working with these. I know what needs to be done, but NOT well enough to teach someone else YET. Perhaps someone else can provide more infomation.
Hope this helps, Brad Bumgarner

: Without more information, I would look into script libraries. I have JUST
: started working with these. I know what needs to be done, but NOT well
: enough to teach someone else YET. Perhaps someone else can provide more
: infomation.
Try a trawl through the bbs archives here; I’ve posted some stuff on the subject in the past, and I’m sure other folk will have too.
Both script libraries and script servers are valuable tools when you want to reuse blocks of code without resorting to copy-n-paste all the time. Servers have the edge convenience-wise, though libraries are a little faster in use.
You can make your server applets into background apps just by opening them in Resedit and flipping a ‘background’ setting. If you want them to start up with your Mac, pop aliases to them in your Startup Items folder.
(Then go bug Apple to give AppleScript libraries the same level of OS support that scripting additions have. It’d be lovely to have a dedicated ‘Scripting Modules’ folder and an ‘import’ function to save you having to mess with ‘load script’ and randomly chosen paths.:slight_smile:
HTH
has