Create a new mailbox for iCloud account via apple script

Hello,

I found script parts to create a mailbox in apple mail via apple script on a MacBook on Monterey:

tell application "Mail"
 activate
   make new mailbox with properties {name:"Parent Mailbox1/Child Mailbox1/"}
   make new mailbox with properties {name:"Parent Mailbox2/Child Mailbox2/"}
end tell

While execution I get a → missing value output but the mailbox structure is created locally:

Parent Mailbox1

Child Mailbox1

Parent Mailbox2

Child Mailbox2

If I now want to do this with an iCloud account directly:

tell application "Mail"
 activate
 tell account "iCloud"
   make new mailbox with properties {name:"Parent Mailbox1/Child Mailbox1/"}
   make new mailbox with properties {name:"Parent Mailbox2/Child Mailbox2/"}
 end tell
end tell

Apple Mail seems to be busy quite a moment by typical busy cursor indication, the value missing output is the same but no mailbox is created in the account. I even tried to enumerate the account id and used it instead and tried at the end of mailbox, but after the busy time around 6-8 seconds per mailbox, no mailbox is created.

I have no clue where to find some debuging information on why mails seems busy but does not create the mailboxes. I thought about extending it with a try catch and error output, but maybe somebody already knows the reason for apple mail behaviour in this area?

Kind regards

#STRONGWORD
Thank you very much … i followed an older article which said there will be issues when not using the last “/” … Murphy’s Law: it was nearly the only thing that I did actually not change while testing … works like a charm, although I am a bit puzzled that the same does work locally and not in iCloud, I would wish API and Script behave consistent …
Thanks again for the fast answer and right tip!
Kind regards