Create a new table in inDesign

Hi guys,

i’m trying to make a new table in InDesign with this script

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS4"
	set myDoc to active document
	set myRegColor to swatch "Registration" of myDoc
	set myContent to {"This", "is", "a", "simple", "table", "script"}
	tell myDoc
		set myTextFrame to make text frame with properties {geometric bounds:{0, 0, 0.375, 2.5}, fill color:"None", fill tint:100, stroke color:myRegColor, stroke tint:100, stroke weight:0.15, stroke alignment:outside alignment}
		set myTable to make new table in myTextFrame with properties {height:0.375, column count:2, width:2.5, body row count:3, contents:myContent}
		set properties of cells of myTable to {height:0.125, width:1.25, bottom edge stroke color:"None", bottom edge stroke weight:0, inner column stroke color:myRegColor, inner column stroke weight:0.15, left edge stroke color:"None", left edge stroke weight:0, right edge stroke color:"None", right edge stroke weight:0, top edge stroke color:"None", top edge stroke weight:0, top inset:0, vertical justification:center align, inner row stroke color:myRegColor, inner row stroke weight:0.15, left inset:0, right inset:0, bottom inset:0}
	end tell
end tell

My problem is that my inner column and inner row strokes are still invisible even if i tell them not to be in the cell’s properties.

Can you help me please???

Hi. I’m using CS”not CS4”so this may or may not apply to your version, but, it doesn’t work as expected. The cell object is unresponsive to inner anything, however, targeting a column allows you to set the inner row stroke and targeting a row allows you to set the inner column stroke. There appears to be a bug either in the documentation or functionality.

Thanks,

Here’s how i fixed the problem.

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS4"
	set myDoc to active document
	set myRegColor to swatch "Registration" of myDoc
	set myContent to {"This", "is", "a", "simple", "table", "script"}
	tell myDoc
		set myTextFrame to make text frame with properties {geometric bounds:{0, 0, 0.375, 2.5}, fill color:"None", fill tint:100, stroke color:myRegColor, stroke tint:100, stroke weight:0.15, stroke alignment:outside alignment}
		set myTable to make new table in myTextFrame with properties {height:0.375, column count:2, width:2.5, body row count:3, contents:myContent}
		set properties of columns of myTable to {height:0.125, width:1.25, bottom edge stroke color:"None", bottom edge stroke weight:0, inner column stroke color:myRegColor, inner column stroke weight:0.15, left edge stroke color:"None", left edge stroke weight:0, right edge stroke color:"None", right edge stroke weight:0, top edge stroke color:"None", top edge stroke weight:0, top inset:0, vertical justification:center align, inner row stroke color:myRegColor, inner row stroke weight:0.15, left inset:0, right inset:0, bottom inset:0}
		set properties of rows of myTable to {inner column stroke color:myRegColor, inner column stroke weight:0.15, auto grow:false}
	end tell
end tell