Datebase events, records don't get named?

Hey guys, first post here at macscripter, but not a forum newbie. Anyway, what I’m trying to do is make a database using database events that holds a bunch of exercises. I then chose a certain number of random ones to do each day. So I created a database, then added records corresponding to each exercise. Then I wanted to make a list of the daily chosen exercises. The problem is, my “records” don’t keep their “name.” and when I try to reference the “name”, I just get “false” as a result. Here are the scripts I’ve written.

Create database script: (Works fine)

set theOutputFolder to choose folder with prompt "Please select an output folder:"
set theNameofDatabase to text returned of (display dialog "What would you like the name to be?" default answer "" buttons {"OK", "Cancel"} default button "OK")
tell application "Database Events"
	make new database with properties {name:theNameofDatabase, location:theOutputFolder}
	save database 1
end tell

Add records with exercise names: (I know it adds records, cause the record COUNT goes up, but I don’t know if the “names” work.)

set theDBPath to POSIX path of "Macintosh HD:Users:kylereeping:Documents:Databases:Core Exercises.dbev"
	launch
	open database theDBPath
end tell

tell application "Finder"
	set namee to display dialog "Please enter a core exercise." default answer "" buttons ["OK", "Cancel"] default button "OK"
end tell

tell database "Core Exercises"
		make new record with properties {name:namee}
	end tell
	save database "Core Exercises"
end tell

Choose Random Exercises/Records: (Works, but returns false, false, false etc. instead of names)

set theDBPath to POSIX path of "Macintosh HD:Users:kylereeping:Documents:Databases:Core Exercises.dbev"
	launch
	open database theDBPath
	tell database 1
		set RecCount to (count records)
	end tell
end tell
set RndList to {}
set ListCount to 0
repeat until ListCount = 6
	set RndNum to (random number from 1 to RecCount)
	if RndNum is not in RndList then
		set RndList to RndList & RndNum
		set ListCount to ListCount + 1
	end if
end repeat
set ExerList to {"A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F"}
set i to 1
	tell database 1
		repeat 6 times
			set item i of ExerList to name of record (item i in RndList)
			set i to i + 1
		end repeat
	end tell
end tell
return ExerList

What am I doing wrong??? Thanks in advance.

All the books I have read on AppleScript discourage using DatabaseEvents and instead suggest using Sqlite3.

If you want to learn more about Sqlite3 there is an article in the UnScripted section by Adam Bell and I wrote
some handlers to make using it from AppleScript easier. The article is here.