DD list windows

Hi,

Does anyone know if this is possable. With DD I have 2 list windows. The first window list a folder. I would like to have a user select files from one window and drag them into the other window.

This is a art importer for quark. I have it running to import the art but it imports in alphabetical order. If the user could reorder the list so the art imports 2,1,5,3,4 instead of 1,2,3,4,5.

Thanks.

The fact that you are using dd seems, if I understand what you are asking, mainly irrelevant. If you don’t like the order of the items in window 1 then don’t use ‘list folder’ directly. Manipulate the list obtained by ‘list folder’ into the desired order before feeding it to dd.

Write your code so that the items in window 2 get dealt with in order rather than as a whole.

Finally, it sounds as if it will serve you best to disallow multiple selecting in window 1.
Hope that helps a bit, but if I have misunderstood then please do clarify.

Hi,

Also, using dd, you might try creating just one dialog window. This window would be something like the window in an AppleWorks database where you can change the tab order of fields.

gl.

Yes, Kel, I like that very much - the other window does seem a bit spurious. The code could list the items as they are clicked, giving the user control over the order. If helpful a static text field could list the ‘list’ - OR - as an item is clicked it could be ‘greyed out’.