Decoding Audio files / streams via AS

Ok, my first post and probably a bit silly,

But basically, here is what I’m trying to do:

I want to leave SkypeIN on all day and have an Applescript running so that should I call (or anyone call), the Applescript can “listen” to the touch tones (DTMF) and execute certain functions. (Press 1 to check mail, 2 to shut down, etc). I have the soundflower plugin that lets the audio out become the audio in, so I was wondering if Applescript is the right way to go to build a decoder that would recognize / decode the audio into the appropriate numbers.

Anyone had any luck with DTMF and Applescript or is this something that might require a little more than Applescript?

Or maybe I should just use the OSX’s Speech recognition capabilities (though I think Skype garbles them).

Any luck with DTMF and Applescript?

I am hoping to create a script that will allow me to hook a traditional phone up to the mic and audio out and use the DTMF tones from the phone to get Skype to make phone calls.

Any thoughts on that?

Model: PB !@
AppleScript: 2.1
Browser: Firefox 1.0.1 StumbleUpon/1.9992
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

No luck yet. I’m thinking of using Apple’s speech recognition program, but haven’t had enough time to play with it yet.

Once we get past the hurdle of DTMF, it seems that a whole world of opportunities would open up for controlling your Mac with Skype